Who we are
A DEDICATED TEAM AT YOUR SERVICE
We are a multidisciplinary team! The office has 70 employees, we often run several missions at the same time and our jobs are constantly changing.
Our only wish is to share all the joy and happiness of our South and make you feel it belongs to you!
The Provence Mediterranean Intercommunal Tourist Office started on January 1st 2017. It was created from the merger of 11 local tourist offices, in application of the Notre Act.
- Name: Office de Tourisme Provence Méditerranée
- Form: Industrial and Commercial Public Establishment (Etablissement Public Industriel et Commercial – EPIC)
- Headquarters : 39 avenue de la Résistance – 83000 Toulon. Tél : 04 94 05 58 29
- President: Monsieur Jean-Pierre GIRAN – Maire de la Ville d’Hyères
- Board of directors : comprises 31 elected members from member communes in Toulon Métropole and 50 professionals representing the tourist industry
- Director: Sandrine CAPDEVIELLE
A central management unit coordinates 3 districts:
Western district includes the 4 information offices of “Six-Fours, La Seyne sur Mer, Ollioules and Saint-Mandrier” – President : Anthony Civettini – Director : Joyce O’Donodogue – 1 Territorial Committee
Central district with the Toulon information office, includes the municipalities of La valette and Le Revest. President : Laurent Jerome – Director : Nathalie Gerthoux – 1 Territorial Committee
Eastern District includes the 5 information offices“Hyères, Carqueiranne, La Crau, Le Prdate and the city of La Garde”. President : Michel Dalmas – Director : Christine De La Forest – 1 Territorial Committee
- The office is ranked category 1
- The process for the obtention of the Quality Tourism label is ongoing
- Registered on the National des Opérateurs de Voyages et de Séjours (National Register of Tour and Tourist Stays Operators) by GIE Atout France on 10/01/2017 with the number: IMO83170003
Our daily mission
- To welcome, inform and advise our visitors
- To promote our area as a tourist destination (digital and online promotion, trade shows, press relations, educational tours, …)
- Publish communication and promotional tools
- Contribute to the coordination of all the different players and partners interested in developing the tourist industry in the Toulon Metropole area
- To implement local tourism policy and the tourist development programmes of the 12 communes comprising Toulon Provence Méditerranée Métropole
- To set up and market tourist products and services
- To be present at the area’s large events
- To implement an observatory of tourist activity using internal and external indicators
Toulon Provence Méditerranée Métropole has:
- an area of 36,654 hectares
- 200 km of coastline (including the islands of Hyères)
- 437,460 habitants
Some information on the
The Toulon Provence Méditerranée metropolitan area covers an area of 36,654 hectares, with 200 km of coastline (including the Hyères islands) and 437,460 inhabitants.
The Metropolis is spread over 12 municipalities :
Carqueiranne, La Crau, La Garde, Hyères, Ollioules, Le Pradet, Le Revest-les-Eaux, Saint-Mandrier-sur-Mer, Six-Fours-les-Plages, La Seyne-sur-Mer, Toulon, La Valette-du-Var.
- Since its creation in 2002, Toulon Provence Méditerranée exercises a number of jurisdictions which were transferred from the member communes.
- On January 1st 2017, three new jurisdictions were transferred by the communes: refuse collection, and the promotion of tourism, including the creation of tourist offices. The Métropole also gained control of the Port Authority of its area..
- On January 1st 2018, the “communauté d’agglomération” (urban area council) became a “métropole” and several areas, previously arranged by the individual communes, were transferred to it, including: all public highways, drinking and rain water management, promotion of natural and landscape heritage, flood prevention, local town planning,…
The Toulon Provence Méditerranée Métropole thus joined the group of 22 French métropoles, becoming the 14th métropole in France in population terms.